Get into action! Download your FREE Checklist
Put the most important tips from this episode to work and start optimizing your life today! Get your free 10 Point Checklist for your next actionable steps.
Disclaimer: The medical, fitness, psychological, mindset, lifestyle, and nutritional information provided on this website and through any materials, downloads, videos, webinars, podcasts, or emails is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical/fitness/nutritional advice, diagnoses, or treatment. Always seek the help of your physician, psychologist, psychiatrist, therapist, certified trainer, or dietitian with any questions regarding starting any new programs or treatments, or stopping any current programs or treatments. This website is for information purposes only, and the creators and editors, including Stephan Spencer, accept no liability for any injury or illness arising out of the use of the material contained herein, and make no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the contents of this website and affiliated materials.
This Week’s Guest:
Hal Elrod died for six minutes at the age of 20 after being hit head-on by a drunk driver. He was told by doctors that he would never walk again. Not only did he walk, he ran a 52 mile ultra-marathon, became a hall of fame business achiever, an international keynote speaker, and a number one bestselling author of The Miracle Morning and Taking Life Head On!.
Finding your version of success could begin by simply waking up earlier each day. Hal Elrod went from rock bottom to showing up in his life intentionally, determined to turn his life around and help others to do the same. While searching the habits of highly successful people, he combined six of the most powerful personal development methods to create a rockstar morning routine that anyone can commit to.
- How Hal went from rock bottom to changing the lives of others.
- How to show up powerfully in your day.
- The six steps of the Miracle Morning, and how to customize them.
- How to wake up earlier, so you can become more successful.
- In Hal’s life, he has had two huge rock bottom moments-the first was the car accident, and the second was the 2008 US economy crash.
- These two events are what led to him writing The Miracle Morning.
- In 1999, Hal was giving a speech at a sales conference, and felt on top of the world.
- While driving home, a drunk driver got on the freeway going the wrong way, and hit him head on at 70 miles an hour.
- The two driver sides hit head on, sent Hal’s car spinning, and then the car behind him crashed into his door, crushing the left side of his body.
- He was taken to the hospital for emergency surgery, and six days later came out of a coma to find out he could have a permanent brain damage, broken bones, and was told he would never walk again.
- Through that experience he learned to focus on what was in his control, and make the best of it.
- He was optimistic, and visualized walking again, while maintaining faith that it would be possible for him.
- Three weeks after the crash, he took his first step, and felt as if he needed to share his story to help others stay positive and reach their full potential.
- Hal’s first book, which was published in 2006, was Taking Life Head On!.
- It’s about how to accept the things that happen to you, how to achieve your goals and dreams, and be happy even if you face adversity.
- Hal had no desire to be an author, but felt that sense of responsibility to get his story out there to help others.
- In 2008, when the US economy crashed, Hal crashed with it-books were no longer selling, clients were not able to pay anymore, and he became depressed and out of shape.
- A friend asked him to go on a run and started encouraging him to exercise and get mental clarity.
- Through that process, he realized that he was not dedicating time to personal development and therefore was not becoming the person that he needed to be.
- He made it his mission to figure out what the world’s most successful people do for personal development, and then to start doing that daily.
- The six practices that he kept seeing over and over were meditation, affirmations, visualization, exercise, reading and journaling.
- Hal decided that combining these six proven and powerful personal development practices would be the ultimate ritual for personal development.
- Two months after Hal began practicing his Miracle Morning daily, he was more than doubling his income, got in the best shape of his life, and his depression went away.
The Miracle Morning Framework
- The six practices are an acronym known as the SAVERS.
- The first S is for silence.
- Silence could be any form of meditation, such as form guided or transcendental, or it could be prayer.
- The A is for affirmations.
- Affirmations should be rooted in truth, result oriented so they produce results, actionable, and able to change or influence your behavior.
- The V is for visualization.
- Visualize not just the end result, but the actions steps to get yourself to do the things that you would normally find yourself resisting.
- E is for exercise.
- You can still go to the gym later in the day if that works better for you, but spend at least 60 seconds moving in the morning-do some quick jumping jacks, hold a 30 second plank, etc.
- R is for reading.
- Read professional development books-books that will move you closer to your goals.
- The final S is for Scribing, which is the fancy word for writing or journaling.
- Journaling is one of the most sworn by practices of very successful people.
Links and Resources Mentioned
The Miracle Morning
Taking Life Head On! (The Hal Elrod Story)
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Rich Dad’s Cashflow Quadrant
The Miracle Morning Community
Hal on Rich Dad Radio
7 Minute Workout App
Zeo Personal Sleep Manager
Best Year Ever Blueprint
- Accept your reality, make the best of it, and focus on what’s in your control. This allows you to stay optimistic and positive while working through struggles, and come out better than before.
- Beat the snooze button and commit to your morning routine during that first 30 to 60 minutes of your day, every day. This will accelerate how quickly you can create the results that you want.
- Hal wasn’t a morning person, but committed to practicing the Miracle Morning, and it changed his whole life. Read the book for more awesome tips on how to incorporate Miracle Mornings into your day.
Thank you for listening!
As always, thank you for tuning in. Please feel free to contact me or leave a comment. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it!